First off, we at Insurance for Final Expense want to send our heartfelt prayers to the people of New York. At the time of writing this article, New York is the epicenter of the outbreak of the horrible Coronavirus in out country. At the time I am writing this article, New York has 44,635 cases confirmed and 519 deaths due to Covid-19. While we don’t want to exclude any of the other states that are experiencing rapid outbreak as well, we want to discuss Burial Insurance for New York Residents, as we know this could be weighing heavily on your mind.
While we don’t want to exclude any of the other states that are experiencing rapid outbreak as well, we want to discuss Burial Insurance for New York Residents, as we know this could be weighing heavily on your mind. younger folks with underlying medical conditions are at great risk. A lot of people in New York are understandably in fear of becoming one of those devastating death statistics. Lot of these people don’t want to leave their families (many of whom are out of work right now and struggling), a huge financial burden should the pass from the coronavirus (or something else).
New York is such an amazing state and we know that its residents are fighters. We will get through this in New York and as a country. Please read on to learn important state specific stats about New York, along with the many things that make New York such an amazing state. We will also let you know how to find the best final expense insurance policy in New York and help you in truly understanding exactly how burial insurance can help protect you and your family members.
Leading Causes of Death in New York
|Rank||Cause of Death||Total Deaths|
|4||Chronic Lower Respiratory Diseases||7,258|
(note: these statistics are taken from CDC website and the data is for the year of 2017. Keep in mind that these numbers vary from state to state due to population and state rank across the U.S.)
Hypertension is synonymous with high blood pressure. Many people can go for many years without having any symptoms. It can lead to heart disease due to the long-term force of blood to your artery walls. Unchecked and poorly managed high blood pressure can increase your risk of serious health problems, including heart attack and stroke.
There are two types of high blood pressure (hypertension):
- Primary (essential) hypertension: For the majority of adults, there’s no detectable cause of high blood pressure. This type of high blood pressure, called primary (essential) hypertension, tends to develop progressively over many years.
- Secondary hypertension: Many people have high blood pressure that is caused by an underlying condition. This type of high blood pressure, called secondary hypertension, typically appears quite suddenly and results in higher blood pressure than primary hypertension. There are several conditions and medications that can lead to secondary hypertension. These include:
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Kidney problems
- Adrenal gland tumors
- Thyroid problems
- Certain defects you’re born with (congenital) in blood vessels
- Specific medications, like birth control pills, cold remedies, decongestants, over-the-counter pain relievers and some prescription drugs
- Illegal drugs, like cocaine and amphetamines
Life Expectancy in New York
The average life expectancy in New York was 81.3 years (in 2018), putting New York at number 3 among all US states. The statistics went up by .8 from 2010, when New York’s life expectancy was on average 80.5 years old. You’re doing something right in New York!
So, New York is in the top five in terms of life expectancy compared to the rest of the country. But this has no effect on your burial insurance rate or policy.
What affects your Burial Insurance policy in New York and across the U.S.? Your gender, age & overall health. Not your state.
The Best Things to Do In New York State and New York City
- Taughannock Falls: Just off Cayuga Lake, Taughannock Falls and the state park is one stunning spot to see in New York State.
- Thousand Islands & Alexandria Bay: This 50-mile long stretch along the St. Lawrence River is literally filled with thousands of small islands.
- Niagara Falls: Possibly, one of the most famous waterfalls in all of North America, Niagara Falls is one spot that you definitely have to see when in the area.
- The Adirondack Park: One of the things that still shocks me about Adirondack Park is that it has well over 10,000 lakes within it!
- New York City: If it’s your first time here, some of the must-dos include; The Empire State Building, Times Square, Central Park, Statue of Liberty, Rockefeller Centre, Brooklyn Bridge, the MET, and Bryant Park to name just a few.
- Albany: Once you’re in Albany (the state Capital), make sure to explore some of the city’s full of history, culture, and arts that are pretty decent for the size of the city.
- Montauk, The Hamptons: If a lazy beach town sounds like your cup of tea, pop over to the totally gorgeous, Montauk in the Hamptons.
- Saratoga Springs: Saratoga Springs is totally picture-perfect with beautiful tree-lined streets, Victorian houses, colourful gardens, and a whopping 18 mineral springs. A spa lovers paradise!
- Buffalo: Check out the Darwin Martin House Complex (designed by Frank Lloyd Wright), the Albright-Knox Modern Art Gallery and the art deco architecture. Oh and… Buffalo is the home of Buffalo Wings and were created at the Anchor Bar, which you can still visit today. Check them out!
- Watkins Glen State Park: Located at the southernmost tip of Seneca Lake, this Park with 18 waterfalls seems like something out of a fantasy movie. Stunning!
- Finger Lakes Wine Country: With over 100 wineries, distilleries, and breweries, around Seneca, Cayuga, and Keuka Lakes, this region is a sactuary for wine aficionados.
- Lake Placid: If you’re in New York State during winter, you must visit this great spot for wintery gorgeousness. Pop over to Whiteface for some epic powdery slopes that you’ll love.
- Rochester: With plenty of museums, galleries, historic landmarks, shopping options, and restaurants, it’s safe to say that you won’t be lost for things to do.
Shopping for Final Expense Insurance in New York
It is important to use good sense when shopping for Final Expense insurance in New York, especially in these times. But here at Insurance for Final Expense, we make the whole process uncomplicated for you. There are plenty of agencies you know for their big ad campaigns and you most likely are familiar with their names. These are companies like AARP Burial Insurance, John Hancock Burial Insurance, State Farm Burial Insurance, Colonial Penn Burial Insurance, Policy Genius, Globe Life Burial Insurance or Gerber Burial Insurance. We never dismiss these great companies who have been around for a long time. But what is our big advantage? We offer you full competition. They don’t.
Simply fill out the final expense insurance quote form on the side of this page, and you can assess and compare rates and carriers. The cost of insurance over the life of the policy is minimal, and the benefits provided are essential to your family during the difficult time of your passing. Think about what they will need at that time. Then, call us with any questions.
Independent Burial Insurance Agency vs. a Captive Agency in New York
Many of you in New York have seen the constant advertisements for Burial Insurance. At this scary time, it can be next to impossible to know what to expect. We have you covered. We will guide you through the entire process and explain all options and potential barriers.
At Insurance for Final Expense, we give you tons of choices from the beginning. Now, more than ever it is necessary to work with a trusted company that doesn’t employ gimmicks, pushy salespeople or over inflated promises. We belief in giving our valued customer the truth and just the truth. We want to protect you and your family. It’s that simple. We live in this amazing country where we all look out for one another. This is truly the core of our company objective.
You shouldn’t have to be a burial insurance policy genius to find an excellent, affordable burial insurance policy. That’s our job. This is what we do every day, helping Americans across this beautiful country protect their families without breaking the bank in the process. We can do that because we are an independent agency. We offer a variety of top-notch, honorable, stable burial insurance companies with a variety of plans. It is your choice. We put that decision in your hands. You know what is best for you and your family.
Only the Best to Help you in New York with Burial Insurance!
It is part of our business model and promise to you that we only work with the absolute best of burial insurance carriers. We are talking about companies like AIG, Liberty Bankers Life, Great Western Insurance Company, Mutual of Omaha Burial Insurance, Sentinel Security Life, Royal Neighbors Insurance, and Prosperity Life Group. These are all very well-established companies with incredible ratings. We wouldn’t work with them if we couldn’t promise you that they will treat you well. Take a moment to read all of our burial insurance reviews for more learning.
How Does Burial Insurance Work for Folks in New York?
Burial Insurance plans are logical policies tailored for folks who don’t want to leave their families in financial distress when they die. Final Expense Insurance policies are simply small-scale whole life policies tailored to cover your final expenses.
Insurance for Final Expense Can Provide Coverage on Day One
After approval, you will be protected on the day of your first payment (unless you have certain major health conditions, in which case a two-year waiting period may be imposed by the insurer). But we would rather get you into a policy with a NO two-year waiting period when possible.
So How Do You Find the Best Burial Insurance Policy in New York?
When it comes to getting Burial Insurance in New York, it is so important to work with a licensed, independent agency that specializes in burial insurance.
To find the best burial insurance in New York, you must be working with an independent agency representing multiple burial insurance companies. If you choose to go with one of the big-name advertisers like State Farm, Colonial Penn Globe Life, Gerber Life Insurance, or AARP, you are locked into just one burial insurance solution, whereas we are able to give you multiple low-cost options.
Working with an independent agency like Insurance for Final Expense is completely free to you. Unlike working with a captive agent, we as independent agents are paid by the insurance companies. It has no effect on your rates.
If you need help with guaranteed issue or final expense insurance, it would be our honor to assist you. Please call us at 1-800-400-8319. If you would rather that we call you, just fill out the quote form on this page and a licensed agent will be in touch with you promptly.