Okay, I have to be honest… When I think about Mississippi, the first thing that comes to mind is learning how to spell it in Elementary school. M-i-s-s-i-s-s-i-p-p-i. The entire classroom would erupt in laughter because it felt like we were saying something wrong, naughty, whatever you want to call it. Regardless, it always got us all laughing hysterically. But since we are talking about final expense insurance for Mississippi residents, let’s get on to that.
And remember, we have much better pricing available than Colonial Penn Burial Insurance, so take your time to read on.
Since you are having a look at this article, you are most like considering protecting your loved ones in Mississippi with final expense insurance coverage. You have come to the exact right place. Our number one goal is to assist folks in Mississippi and across the U.S. get the very best final expense insurance with the best coverage and lowest monthly rates available!
Read on to get some important state specific stats about Mississippi, along with the many things that make Mississippi such a great place to live or visit. We will also let you know how to find the best final expense insurance policy in Mississippi and help you in truly understanding exactly how final expense insurance can help protect you and your family.
Leading Causes of Death in Mississippi
|Rank||Cause of Death||Total Deaths|
|3||Chronic Lower Respiratory Diseases||2,037|
(note: these statistics are taken from CDC website and the data is for the year of 2017. Keep in mind that these numbers vary from state to state due to population and state rank across the U.S.)
Alzheimer’s Disease is the number 6th leading cause of death in Mississippi and is also the number 6th in the country. Alzheimer’s disease is the most common form of dementia. Dementia relates to a combination of conditions that cause a deterioration in cognitive function. This influences a person’s capability to perform everyday functions.
Dementia is caused by damage to the nerve cells in the brain. Because of this damage, a person’s neurons can’t function properly, and they can die. This can result in memory loss, changes in behavior, and one’s ability to think clearly.
The majority of people afflicted by Alzheimer’s are over 65 years old. But younger people are also affected. This is known as early onset Alzheimer’s. Alzheimer’s disease is a progressive disease, which means that it gets worse over time. A person who is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s typically lives on average 4 to 8 years after that diagnosis, but certainly can live longer.
Life Expectancy in Mississippi
The average life expectancy in Mississippi was 74.9 years (in 2018), putting Mississippi at number second to last among all US states. The statistics went down by .1 from 2010, when Mississippi’s life expectancy was on average 75 years old.
You might think that a lower life expectancy in a particular state could have an effect in rates for Final Expense Insurance. If statistics show that you likely to die over 7 years before someone in Hawaii, and you both applied at the same age with similar health levels and gender, the carriers might assume that you will pay much less over the life of the policy than your counterpart in Hawaii. So, wouldn’t they want more per month from you? The good news is that they won’t.
14 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Mississippi
Mississippi, known as “The Magnolia State” and “The Hospitality State”, offers some of the most beautiful and spectacular sights and places to visit! Planetware.com put together a list of the 14 top-rated tourist attractions in Mississippi:
- Gulf Islands National Seashore: The Gulf Islands National Seashore extends from Cat Island in Mississippi to the eastern tip of Santa Rosa Island in Florida.
- Tupelo Automobile Museum: The Tupelo Automobile Museum was declared the official auto museum of the state of Mississippi in 2003, the culmination of 28 years of collecting by founders Frank Spain and Max Berryhill.
- USS Cairo Museum at Vicksburg National Military Park: The USS Cairo, which is on display at Vicksburg National Military Park, was sunk the same year it was commissioned.
- B.B. King Museum and Delta Interpretive Center: This museum focuses on the life and work of one of the most influential blues artists of all time and on the birth of blues itself in the Mississippi Delta.
- The Institute for Marine Mammal Studies: The Institute of Marine Mammal Studies is a large research and rehabilitation center with an interactive museum that teaches visitors about ocean life.
- Beauvoir: This large estate overlooks the Mississippi Sound and was given the French name of Beauvoir in honor of the beautiful view.
- Mississippi Museum of Natural Science: The Mississippi Museum of Natural Science offers visitors the unique opportunity to learn about the natural world through detailed exhibits and experience it firsthand by exploring the museum grounds.
- Elvis Presley Birthplace & Museum: On January 8, 1935, Elvis Presley was born in a two-room house that was built by his father in Tupelo, Mississippi. The home has been preserved and is open for fans to see it as it was during his childhood, complete with period furnishings.
- Rock & Blues Heritage Museum: The Rock & Blues Heritage Museum in Clarksdale has a wide variety of music memorabilia from 1905 through the 1970s, with a focus on the evolution of Blues and Rock n’ Roll.
- Natchez Trace Parkway: The Natchez Trace Parkway follows a route once used by Native Americans, stretching for 444 miles from Natchez, Mississippi through Alabama to Nashville, Tennessee.
- Old Courthouse Museum: The Old Courthouse Museum is a registered National Historic Landmark operated by the Vicksburg and Warren County Historical Society.
- Old Capitol Museum: Mississippi’s former state capitol building in Jackson was in use as the State House from 1839 through 1903, when the present capitol building was opened.
- Ocean Springs: The town of Ocean Springs is located about two miles east of Biloxi. It has become a haven for artists and craftspeople, with numerous art shops and studios.
- Mississippi Petrified Forest: The Mississippi Petrified Forest is a unique opportunity to see the enormous remains of what was once a massive forest, now turned to stone with time.
Shopping for Final Expense Insurance in Mississippi and at much better prices than AARP Burial Insurance or John Hancock Burial Insuranse:
It is important to use good sense when shopping for Final Expense insurance. Luckily, at Insurance for Final Expense, we make it simple. Don’t waste your time with captive agencies like AARP Final Expense Insurance, Gerber Final Expense, John Hancock Final Expense Insurance, State Farm Final Expense Insurance, Colonial Penn Final Expense Insurance or Globe Life Final Expense Insurance. These companies may not have your best interest at the top of their list. Now, we aren’t saying that these aren’t good companies. They are… But we can offer something they can’t. Real Competition.
Simply fill out the final expense insurance quote form on the side of this page, and you can assess and compare rates and carriers. The cost of insurance over the life of the policy is minimal, and the benefits provided are essential to your family during the difficult time of your passing. Think about what they will need at that time. Then, call us with any questions.
Independent Insurance Agency vs. a Captive Agency: Which makes you a Policy Genius?
Many of you in Mississippi have seen the constant advertisements for Final Expense Insurance. Sometimes it becomes quite difficult for folks to know who to go with in this very important decision.
At Insurance for Final Expense, we give you choices upfront. We don’t use a points-based system like some competitors. You shouldn’t have to be a final insurance policy genius to find a great, affordable policy. This is what we do every day, helping Americans across this beautiful country protect their families without breaking the bank in the process.. We can do that because we are an independent agency. We offer an array of the best, honorable, financially stable insurance companies with a variety of plans so that you can choose what’s best for you and your loved ones.
We Work with Only the Best to Help you in Mississippi with Final Expense Insurance!
It is part of our business model and promise to you that we only work with the absolute creme de la creme of final expense insurers. We are talking about companies like Sentinel Security Life, Royal Neighbors Insurance, Mutual of Omaha Burial Insurance, AIG, Liberty Bankers Life, Great Western Insurance Company and Prosperity Life Group. These are long standing, established companies who have incredible ratings. Take a moment to read all of our burial insurance reviews for more learning.
How Does Final Expense Insurance Work for those in Mississippi?
Burial Insurance plans are logical policies tailored for folks who don’t want to leave their families in financial distress when they die. Final Expense Insurance policies are simply small-scale whole life policies tailored to cover your final expenses.
Insurance for Final Expense Can Provide Coverage on Day One
After approval, you will be protected on the day of your first payment (unless you have certain major health conditions, in which case a two-year waiting period may be imposed by the insurer). But we would rather get you into a policy with a NO two-year waiting period for burial insurance whenever possible.
So How Do You Find the Best Burial Insurance Policy in Mississippi and at less expensive prices than Colonial Penn Burial Insurance?
When it comes to getting Final Expense Insurance in Mississippi, it is so important to work with a licensed, independent agency that specializes in final expense insurance.
To find the best burial insurance in Mississippi, you need to be working with an independent agency representing multiple final expense insurance companies. If you choose to go with one of the big-name advertisers like State Farm, Colonial Penn, Globe Life, Gerber Life Insurance or AARP, you are tied to one burial insurance product, whereas we are able to give you multiple low-cost options.
Working with an independent agency like Insurance for Final Expense is completely free to you. Unlike working with a captive agent, we as independent agents are paid by the insurance companies. It has no effect on your rates.
If you need help with guaranteed issue or final expense insurance, it would be our honor to assist you. Please call us at 1-800-400-8319. Don’t choose John Hancock Final Expense insurance and pay top dollar.
Go with the smarter choice …. Use the quote tool on the right hand side of this page to find the absolute best offers on Cremation or Burial Insurance.
If you would rather that we call you, just fill out the quote form on this page and a licensed agent will be in touch with you promptly.