Since you are having a look at this article, you are most like considering protecting your loved ones in Alaska with burial insurance coverage. You have come to the exact right place. Our number one goal is to assist folks in Alaska and across America to become burial policy geniuses and get the absolute best coverage and the most competitive monthly rates available!
Continue on to learn important state specific stats about Alaska, along with the many things that make Alaska such a great place to live or visit. We will also let you know how to find the best burial policy in Alaska and help you in truly understanding exactly how to be a burial insurance policy genius so you can protect you and your most precious loved ones.
Leading Causes of Death in Alaska
|Rank||Cause of Death||Total Deaths|
|4||Chronic Lower Respiratory Diseases||238|
|7||Chronic Liver Disease/Cirrhosis||124|
(note: these statistics are taken from CDC website and the data is for the year of 2017. Keep in mind that these numbers vary from state to state due to population and state rank across the U.S.)
It absolutely breaks my heart when I see suicide listed on any of the states top ten leading causes of death. I had a friend who committed suicide a couple of years ago. He had a very successful local business offering the best wood fired pizza in the state of Arizona, a great family and was just one of those people who was impossible not to love. He was such a great guy who seemed like he had everything going for him and always welcomed you with the warmest, kindest smile.
But deep inside he was miserable. He hated the fact that even though his business was a critical success, he still wasn’t making the type of money he felt he deserved. The turmoil burned inside him, until it finally exploded in the worst possible way.
He was the last person anyone would expect to end his own life. But tragically, he did. I won’t go into detail, but it was very sad. How could this man not want to go on living? I think that’s what many of us are forced to ask when a friend or family member commits suicide, whether it’s someone who appears to have a great life or someone who has hit rough times.
Life is so precious. Why did they feel so desperate as to not want to go on? Typically, this question is unanswerable for most people. According to Suicide Life Line Prevention,
Suicide Risk Factors Can Include:
- Mental disorders, particularly mood disorders, schizophrenia, anxiety disorders, and certain personality disorders
- Alcohol and other substance use disorders
- Impulsive and/or aggressive tendencies
- History of trauma or abuse Major physical illnesses Previous suicide attempt(s)
- Family history of suicide
- Job or financial loss
- Loss of relationship(s)
- Easy access to lethal means
- Local clusters of suicide
- Lack of social support and sense of isolation
- Stigma associated with asking for help
- Lack of healthcare, especially mental health and substance abuse treatment
- Cultural and religious beliefs, such as the belief that suicide is a noble resolution of a personal dilemma
- Exposure to others who have died by suicide (in real life or via the media and Internet)
If you suspect that you or someone you know may be suicidal, please call the suicide hotline at: 800-273-8255.
Life Expectancy in Alaska and best burial insurance for seniors
The average life expectancy in Alaska was 78.8 years (in 2018), putting Alaska at number 28 among all US states. The statistics went up by .5 from 2010, when Alaska’s life expectancy was on average 78.3 years old. Keep it up Alaska!
So, Alaska is about in the middle of the road in terms of life expectancy compared to the rest of the country. The good news is that this doesn’t affect your rate or policy.
What does affect your Burial Insurance policy in Alaska and Nationwide? Your gender, age & overall health.
Can’t Miss Experiences in Alaska and affordable burial insurance for seniors
It’s not hard to get overwhelmed by the outright number of places and things to do in in Alaska. So, if your looking to consolidate your list of must do’s, examine these nine Alaska experiences you shouldn’t miss. (Be careful, though!)
Alaska.org put together a list of can’t miss experiences. Here they are:
- Watch a Tidewater Glacier Crash into the Ocean: If you ever need to be reminded of the power of Mother Nature, watch a five-story face of ice shear off a glacier and explode into the ocean below.
- Get Face-to-Face with a Wild Beast: There’s nothing like the primal feeling of looking into the eyes of a wild animal (from a safe distance, of course).
- Feel Alaska’s Vastness by Driving One of its Highways: If you ever climb an Alaskan mountain, drive a rural highway or hike in a wide-open valley, you get what we call the “Alaska Factor”—that feeling that Alaska seems to go on forever.
- Watch a Glacial River Go By: There is something uniquely Alaskan about our rivers.
- See Alpenglow at Midnight: Long days in Alaska bring a kind of freedom you may never have experienced—what a famous Alaska poet describes as “the freshness, the freedom, the farness.”
- Rub Your Nose In The Tundra: The magic and mystery of Alaska can be in the details—and when you take a deep whiff of the tundra, you’ll find it raw, but fragrant.
- Watch a Whale Shatter the Surface: It may not be rare to spot whales during their annual, thousands-of-miles journey to Alaska.
- Meet An Alaskan: Author John McPhee described them best: “Ordinary people with extraordinary dreams.”
- View the Northern Lights: Your best chance to see the northern lights is during the cold, clear winter nights between September and April.
Shopping for Burial Insurance in Alaska and funeral coverage with no waiting period
It is important to use good sense when shopping for Final Expense insurance in Alaska (and anywhere). But here at Insurance for Final Expense, we make the whole process uncomplicated for you. There are plenty of agencies you know for their big ad campaigns and you most likely are familiar with their names. These are companies like Gerber Final Expense, John Hancock Final Expense Insurance, State Farm Final Expense Insurance, Colonial Penn Final Expense Insurance, Globe Life Final Expense Insurance or AARP Final Expense Insurance,. We never dismiss these great institutions who have been around for a long time. But what is our big advantage? We offer you full competition. They don’t.
Simply fill out the final expense insurance quote form on the side of this page, and you can assess and compare rates and carriers. The cost of insurance over the life of the policy is minimal, and the benefits provided are essential to your family during the difficult time of your passing. Think about what they will need at that time. Then, call us with any questions.
Independent Insurance Agency (like us) vs. a Captive Agency like John Hancock final expense insurance
Many of you in Alaska have seen the constant advertisements for Final Expense Insurance. Sometimes it becomes quite difficult for folks to know which company to choose when making this very important decision.
At Insurance for Final Expense, we give you tons of choices from the start. Zero gimmicks here. We want to protect you and your family. It’s that simple. We live in this amazing country where we all look out for one another. This is truly the core of our company objective.
You shouldn’t have to be a final insurance policy genius to find an excellent, affordable burial insurance policy. That’s our job. This is what we do every day, helping Americans across this beautiful country protect their families without breaking the bank in the process. We can do that because we are an independent agency. We offer a variety of top-notch, honorable, stable burial insurance companies with a variety of plans. It is your choice. We put that decision in your hands. You know what is best for you and your family.
Only the Best to Help you in Alaska with Burial Insurance!
It is part of our business model and promise to you that we only work with the absolute best of burial insurance carriers. We are talking about companies like Mutual of Omaha Burial Insurance, AIG, Liberty Bankers Life, Great Western Insurance Company, Sentinel Security Life, Royal Neighbors Insurance, and Prosperity Life Group. All are well established companies with amazing incredible ratings. We wouldn’t work with them if we couldn’t ensure you that they will treat you well. Take a moment to read all of our burial insurance reviews for more learning.
How Does Final Expense Insurance Work?
Burial Insurance plans are logical policies tailored for folks who don’t want to leave their families in financial distress when they die. Final Expense Insurance policies are simply small-scale whole life policies tailored to cover your final expenses.
Insurance for Final Expense Can Provide Coverage on Day One vs. Colonial Penn Burial Insurance that makes you wait
After approval, you will be protected on the day of your first payment (unless you have certain major health conditions, in which case a two-year waiting period may be imposed by the insurer). But we would rather get you into a policy with a NO two-year waiting period when possible.
So How Do You Find the Best Burial Insurance Policy in Alaska with no 2 year waiting period?
When it comes to getting Burial Insurance in Alaska, it is so important to work with a licensed, independent agency that specializes in final expense insurance.
To find the best burial insurance in Alaska, you need to be working with an independent agency representing multiple final expense insurance companies. If you choose to go with one of the big-name advertisers like Globe Life, Gerber Life Insurance, State Farm, Colonial Penn or AARP, you are tied to one burial insurance product, whereas we are able to give you multiple low-cost options.
Working with an independent agency like Insurance for Final Expense is completely free to you. Unlike working with a captive agent, we as independent agents are paid by the insurance companies. It has no effect on your rates.
Choose John Hancock Final Expense Insurance? No, not really. We find them to be much too expensive. Instead we have much better choices for you from carriers like Mutual of Omaha.
If you need help with guaranteed issue or final expense insurance, it would be our honor to assist you. Please call us at 1-800-400-8319. If you would rather that we call you, just fill out the quote form on this page and a licensed agent will be in touch with you promptly.