Rhode Island is the smallest state in our nation, but it certainly packs a big punch! That being said, this little state has the longest official name of any of the states… “State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations”. Wow. That’s a mouth full. For a state that is only 37 miles wide and 48 miles long, it is notable that its shoreline on Narragansett Bay in the Atlantic Ocean runs for 400 miles. Therefore, one of Rhode Island’s nicknames is “the Ocean State.” In this article we will review how to get the best (and I mean the BEST) Funeral insurance for you and your loved ones in Rhode Island.
If you are reading this article, you are probably seriously thinking about how best to protect your family with funeral insurance in Rhode Island. Let’s just say, you have come to the right place. Our number one mission is to assist people in Rhode Island and across this beautiful country get the very best burial insurance with excellent coverage and the lowest premiums available!
At Insurance for Final Expense, this is our primary goal. We strive to make the sometimes bewildering and daunting process of attaining a great burial insurance plan as simple and straightforward as possible. Gimmicks? Pushy Agents? That’s not what you will get with Insurance for Final Expense. You may face that with some of our competitors. They could probably sell ice to an Eskimo. Not here. We are in this together. No pushy sales people. We are here to provide you, in Rhode Island, with the very best options in funeral insurance.
Always Know That We are Here to Serve YOU, Never to Sell You.
It is our objective to help you effectively see the entirety of your choices and never to drive you into a plan that doesn’t suit you. Our way of thinking is, consistently has been, and will remain, client first. This is a personal decision. We know this. You are in charge of the process. We are your resource.
Read on to get some important state specific stats about Rhode Island, along with the many things that make Rhode Island such a great place to live or visit. We will also let you know how to find the best burial insurance policy in Rhode Island and help you in truly understanding exactly how burial insurance can help protect you and your family.
Leading Causes of Death in Rhode Island
|Rank||Cause of Death||Total Deaths|
|4||Chronic Lower Respiratory Diseases||521|
|10||Chronic Liver Disease/Cirrhosis||148|
(note: these statistics are taken from CDC website and the data is for the year of 2017. Keep in mind that these numbers vary from state to state due to population and state rank across the U.S.)
We see Diabetes often as one of the major leading causes of death in America. In Rhode Island, diabetes is the number 7 leading cause of death. Nationally it is also the 7th leading cause of death. But Diabetes comes in two forms….
Type 1: Here’s what you need to know about type 1 diabetes. The CDC estimates that nearly 1.6 million Americans have it, including about 187,000 children and adolescents. Type 1 diabetes occurs at every age, in people of every race, and of every shape and size.
Type 2: Type 2 diabetes is the most common form of diabetes—and it means that the body doesn’t utilize insulin properly. And while some people can control their blood sugar levels with healthy eating and exercise, others may need medication or insulin to help manage it. Regardless, you have options—and tools, resources, and support to help you fight.
Life Expectancy in Rhode Island
The average life expectancy in Rhode Island was 79.9 years (in 2018). Among all US states, Rhode Island ranked #11 in average life expectancy. The statistics remained the same 2010. Keeping your heath steady is a great thing. Great job, Rhode Island!
This means that Rhode Island is in the top 15 of U.S. states in terms of life expectancy at number 11. But that does not mean that you will pay lower premiums for burial insurance that someone living in a lower ranking state? While this may seem like something underwriting would considerer, it isn’t. This has absolutely nothing to do with the cost of your monthly rate or the coverage amount.
Your age and health will be a consideration when getting great low-cost burial insurance in Rhode Island. But not as much as you may think. We urge you to stop procrastinating! One simple call to Insurance for Final Expense could change the path and consequences of your family’s lives and the legacy you leave them.
15 Best Places to Live in Rhode Island
Small but perfectly formed, would be the way we would describe the US state of Rhode Island in New England. Home to just over a million people, this coastal state is famed for its quaint colonial villages and rugged beaches.
The Crazy Tourist put together the following list of the 15 best places to live in Rhode Island:
- Barrington: This suburb of Providence is the most popular and highly sought after place to live in Rhode Island and it’s easy to see why.
- Kingston: This suburb of Providence offers residents access to fantastic schools.
- Jamestown: Jamestown give residents a taste of island life while being firmly connected to the mainland!
- Blackstone: Blackstone is a neighborhood in central Providence, along with the Seekonk River.
- East Greenwich: East Greenwich is an ideal spot for those looking to rent. With median monthly rent coming in at under $900 a month, this is a more affordable renting area.
- Hope: This small, homely neighborhood is home to just over 4,000 people. Despite the urban aesthetic, there is a village-like feel to the area.
- South Kingstown: Boasting solid A-rated schools, parents would be right to look into moving their families here.
- North Kingstown: A solid all-rounder, North Kingstown houses 26,310 people and is very much a suburban area. For those looking for a short commute then you’d be in an ideal location in North Kingstown.
- Narragansett: The historic town of Narragansett is as charming and rustic as they come, offering residents access to some of Rhode Island’s best coastline.
- Wayland: Wayland is a lovely neighborhood in Providence itself. Home to just under 5,000 people, much like with Hope, there is a village-like feel to this inner-city suburb.
- College Hill: Unsurprisingly, with its close proximity to RISD and Brown University, College Hill is an area popular with millennials.
- Narragansett Pier: Narragansett Pier is a cute area of Rhode Island to live in. Property prices here are very dear but that’s not a surprise given the seafront views offered by many of the houses here.
- Fox Point: Although not perfect for young families, Fox Point is a great place for millennials and those who have opted not to have children.
- Portsmouth: Portsmouth, Rhode Island is a great town for families. With something of an aging population, Portsmouth has become a popular place for retirees to base themselves, thus making for a rather diverse population of 17,361 people.
- Mount Hope: This lovely neighborhood in the suburbs of Providence is home to 5,767 people. Median rent is just $870 a month making Mount Hope one of the most affordable places to rent property in all of the state.
Shopping for Burial Insurance in Rhode Island
It is important to use care when shopping for Burial insurance. Luckily, at Insurance for Final Expense, we make it simple for you. Rather than spending countless hours searching captive agencies or haggling with door to door salespeople, we have it all here, in one place!
All you need to do is fill out the burial insurance quote form on our website, and you can review and compare rates and carriers. The cost of insurance over the life of the policy can be significant, and the benefits provided are important to your survivors. You should determine what you need. Then, call us with any questions.
Independent Insurance Agency vs. Captive Agency
Many of you in Rhode Island have seen the commercials (over and over) for Colonial Penn funeral Insurance, AARP funeral insurance, State Farm funeral insurance, John Hancock Funeral Insurance, Gerber life funeral insurance and Globe Life funeral insurance. They are EVERYWHERE whether you have the TV on or are online. They are unrelenting, pushing their insurance products down your throat… Here’s the problem, the insurance agents on the other end of the line are only able to sell for one company, theirs
At Insurance for Final Expense, we give you choices. We can do that because we are an independent agency. We offer a variety of high-quality insurance companies and plans so that you can choice what’s best for you and your loved ones. Feel free to read all of our burial insurance reviews on our website.
We Work with Only the Best to Help you in Rhode Island with Burial Insurance!
And we only work with best of the best insurers, like Mutual of Omaha Burial Insurance, Royal Neighbors Insurance, AIG, Liberty Bankers Life, Prosperity Life Group, Sentinel Security Life and Great Western Insurance Company to name a few. Please feel free to read all of our funeral insurance reviews on our website. But keep in mind, you don’t need to be some sort of funeral insurance policy genius to get the best coverage out there. We will guide you through the entire process, from beginning to end.
How Does Burial Insurance Work?
Burial Insurance plans are logical policies tailored for folks who don’t want to leave their families in financial distress when they die. Burial Insurance policies are simply small-scale whole life policies tailored to cover your final expenses.
Here is what you can expect from a Burial Insurance Plan when you deal with Insurance for Final Expense:
- Locked Premiums
- Survivor Benefits Never Go Down
- No Policy Expiration Because of Age… EVER
Insurance for Final Expense Can Provide Coverage on Day One
After approval, you will be protected on the day of your first payment (unless you have certain major health conditions, in which case a two-year waiting period may be imposed by the insurer). But we prefer to get you in with NO two year waiting period whenever possible.
So How Do You Find the Best Burial Insurance Policy in Rhode Island?
With Final Expense Insurance, it is so important to work with a licensed, independent agency that specializes in burial insurance.
To find the best burial insurance in Rhode Island, you really should be working with an independent agency representing multiple burial insurance companies. If you choose to go with one of the big-name advertisers like State Farm, Gerber Life Insurance, Colonial Penn, Globe Life or AARP, you are tied to one product, whereas we are able to give you multiple low-cost options.
Working with an independent agency like Insurance for Final Expense is completely free to you. Unlike working with a captive agent, we as independent agents are paid by the insurance companies. It has zero effect on your rates.
If you need help with guaranteed issue or final expense insurance, it would be our honor to assist you. Please call us at 1-800-400-8319. If you would rather that we call you, just fill out the quote form on this page and a licensed agent will be in touch with you promptly.